A tooth can lose its normal shape and size for a variety of reasons. A crown covers your tooth to help restore its original shape and size. Crowns can also be used to make teeth stronger and look better.
Crowns have a variety of uses. In some cases that require a large filling, there isn’t enough tooth remaining to keep the filling in place. A crown can strengthen the tooth and hold the filling. Crowns can also protect teeth that are weak, or help fix ones that are broken. Discolored or misshaped teeth can be covered by a crown, as can dental implants.
CEREC is an acronym that stands for:
- Chairside: The technology is used while you are in the dentist’s chair.
- Economical: The procedure is economical for both dentist and patient.
- Restorations: The procedure restores your tooth to its natural beauty, function, and strength.
- Esthetic: The restorations are metal-free, tooth-colored, and more esthetically pleasing.
- Ceramic: High-strength ceramics are used that are similar to the composition of your natural tooth structure.
CEREC technology allows Dr. Trent to fabricate ceramic dental restorations during a single office visit. For people living in Englewood, Highlands Ranch, or Denver and the surrounding areas, he can create permanent restorations, such as:
- Porcelain crowns
- Porcelain filling inlays and onlays
- Porcelain veneers
The benefits of Sirona Dental Systems’ CEREC technology include:
- Fewer injections
- Less drilling
- Less time required for dental procedures
Dr. Trent can create your Denver cosmetic dentistry restorations during a single office visit by following a few simple steps:
- Preparation and examination: Dr. Trent and Dr. Ryan will examine your mouth and determine the appropriate treatment for the dental problems you are experiencing. After you have received the appropriate anesthetic for your treatment, your tooth is prepared for the dental procedure. This step is the same as for many other dental treatments.
- Optical impression: In this step, the tooth will be coated with a tasteless, nontoxic powder. Then a digital image will be taken of it. This step only takes one or two minutes.
- Creation of dental restoration: The CEREC three-dimensional (3D) computer program obtains a digital image of the tooth and makes a 3D virtual replica of it. Dr. Redfearn then uses his experienced dental artistry to design your dental restoration using the CEREC 3D software, in which he is specially trained in using. The design data he creates is sent to a separate milling device right in our office. A natural tooth-colored ceramic block that matches your individual tooth shade is positioned in the milling machine, where the design program then creates the exact tooth restoration that Dr. Trent and Dr. Ryan have designed. In only 10 to 20 minutes, your all-ceramic, color-matched restoration is complete and ready to be bonded onto your existing tooth.
- Placement:Dr. Trent ensure an exact fit, and after the restoration has been polished, it is bonded to your tooth.
The major advantage to having this all done at once is that you don’t need a temporary restoration device – and all the work is done in just one visit. This is possible for most patients; however, there are situations in which an additional visit is needed. Your treatment plan will be thoroughly explained, including the best option for you.
The materials used in CEREC technology are healthier for your teeth and gums than amalgam (an alloy of mercury and other metals used to create tooth cement), gold, or other metals. CEREC employs tooth-colored ceramic materials that provide you with natural beauty, function, and strength.
Since the materials used in CEREC are natural-looking and durable, they are the closest material to your natural enamel. With the CEREC technology, you receive the utmost superiority in restorative dental treatment.
Schedule an appointment to fix broken or decayed teeth by calling (303) 683-2300 for our Highlands Ranch office.
There are many advantages to the CEREC procedure, including:
- A convenient alternative
- Quality ceramic that matches your natural teeth
- Fixes a broken tooth in just one appointment
- CEREC can be placed on dental implants